Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gun Control

On the topic of gun control, conservatives think that people should be allowed to have possession of a gun if they choose to do so. They believe that it is important for protection purposes and just as a very serious mean of safety. Even though their are 911 services available, many think that their would not be so many deaths because people could be able to protect themselves in their homes. However, liberals do not think that the possession of guns should be legalized. They view the possession of a weapon much more as a serious threat and believe that many people already misuse the privalege of having a gun. Their are many reasons to believe this true because of all the school shootings and murders.
I am also moderate in this situation. I know that if I was in a situation where i felt like i needed to use a weapon to protect myself and my family, it would be extremely hard, but the fact that it was their for self- protection would be the slightest bit comforting. I also don't think it is the best idea because as much as i do not want to believe it, their are so many messed up people in the world that will misuse the privalege of having a gun. I think it is scary that it is such an average thing in the south to just have a gun in the house. I believe that this is one of the situations that legal or not, people are going to find a way to get a gun if they really want one, just as though people used to preform illegal abortions.

No comments: