Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Should Death Be a Penalty?

The conservative view on this topic is that the death penalty is completely fine punishment. One main example that is commonly used is that if a murderer kills and takes someones life, he should also have his own life taken through ther death penalty. On the other hand, liberals are completely against the idea. They believe that it is better to just sentence the individual to a lifetime in jail, it is almost a worse punishment. But however bad the crime, nobody should be sentenced to death for what they have done. My view on the subject is that it is morally wrong, however, as much as I hate to admit it, I know if our country were to ever capture some terrorist that has killed so many people, my views might change. Overall, I am basically againsty it and I think often times people are sentenced to death without having proper evidence on their case. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and believe that they possibly can change their ways while in jail rather than just ending their life and not giving them a chance.

No comments: