Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

Abortion was my groups presentation topic, with Kelsey and I about conservative views and Ari and Kate with Liberal. Conservatives are pro-life on the topic of abortion. They do not feel that getting an abortion is morally correct and even view it as murder. They believe that no matter what stage the baby is in, it is still there and the pregnant lady must take responsibility for her own actions. On the other hand, liberal views on abortion are pro-choice. They think that the woman should be able to make the decision on their own whether or not they want to get an abortion. Many believe that it is okay to get an abortion before the third trimester because they baby is not very developed.
I am failrly moderate when it comes to abortion. I think it is extremely scary that the government could be able to control a womans body and whether or not she can get an abortion or not, so in that sense I am pro-choice. However, I also am a strong believer in taking responsibility for your actions, and if that means having the baby and giving it up for adoption so the baby can actually grow up in a decent and safe environment, then I think that is important. ANother situation is if a woman were to get raped and pregnant from a complete stranger, those are situations where I am more pro-choice than ever. Just if it were me, I can never see myself being able to actually follow through with getting an abortion, but of course it is hard to say because I believe it is an "in the situation" decision.

No comments: